B*E*A*G*G*R*E*S*S*I*V*E -- Log
First, a fun video. It makes fun of many of the terms used in cycling, fairly funny! I wonder where they shot it? (Thanks Dag! (Right?))
Next, i finally got my Heart Rate Monitor back! Thanks to Reckless Cycles (via Norco?) i've now got a brand new SigmaSport PC15 (which is a step-up from the PC14 that died on me..and sorry for the link, stupid flash-based websites that don't let you link directly to a page, rather poorly thought-out if you ask me.)
Think it'll last a full year? Lets hope so.. It's pretty nice, and has about 14 new features to annoy and confuse....hehe.. I don't need three HR zones..i need just one! (And i can't program in just one....it only takes the 'low' HR of a zone, and makes up the rest!) Other than that, it's pretty swell.
Still pedalling like a madman, this week was pretty intense...legs were *hurtin'*. Mainly from the 50lb lunges...good way to nail the legs. I guess it's a good sign when your legs hurt when you ride - it means you're working out the right muscles at the gym..!
* Tue (Dec 13th) - 1.5hr EM w/6x30s x2 SI's, it was a nice day out, and plowed through my intervals. Got in a solid workout at the gym as well (Oak Bay Rec Centre, i've only seen one other cyclist i know there...and that was either this Tue or Thu..) Only 40lb lunges this day, but was enough...Oh...i hope i'm not becoming a fat potato...
* Wed - 1hr EM, nothing too exciting
* Thu - 1hr EM on rollers w/6x30s x2 SI's, managed to crest 170rpm on the rollers....holding it for the 30 sec. intervals...wowee..i was surprisingly smooth too. Hit the OBRC in the evening, and really smashed my legs off with the 50lb lunges.
* Fri - rest...much needed rest...
* Sat - 2.5hr EM w/Kevin, frosty day!
* Sun - 2.5hr EM, was *supposed* to be with the BSide gang, but Pat was the only other person to show up...i guess everyone thought it would be icey and would meet at 1pm instead. We rode through Esquilmalt and around the water, good ride. Was supposed to do a bunch of HSS's, but skipped it..me bad.
* Mon - today! I'll prolly sneak in an upper-body WO at home tonite...i was hoping to bench press my body weight (~150lbs) by the end of Dec, but i haven't been doing many benches, so this won't likely happen.. If i had someone to help with negatives, i might be able to swing it, but no burley housemates abound..
A few weeks ago, when i was at the Crystal Pool, i weighed myself, and i was down around 148lbs. Since i've been going to the OBRC, i've been up around 150lbs. (Different scale..) Last week i crept up to 151lbs...then on Tues i was over 152lbs, and last Thu i was up over 154lbs...WTF is going on?? I'm pretty sure i'm not putting on any bodyfat...i still seem to be losing it...so i'm *hoping* this is all muscle. Still, i really don't want to put on too much weight...i guess the 'extra' will drop when i stop going to the gym, eh?
Training has been good tho, and i feel like i'll be pretty well prepared for Jan!
As for music, thoroughly enjoying my current mix, especially the Faith No More. (See last entry for the listing!)
Here's a "HA HA!" to those of you in snow, and a "WAAAAH!" to those of you in warmer climates, keep the rubber-side down. =)
(Log title is from...any guesses? ;)