Dave's Big Bike Sale!
Hello world! Been accumulating gear for a while now, and it's about time i clear some of it out, and pay off my tab at Oak Bay Bikes!
All prices OBO and negotiable within reason. Please don't try to gauge me. Full set of pics can be viewed here.
Contact me here if you've got any questions or are interested in any items.
Three sets of bars, all are 42cm wide, over-sized 31.6mm clamp.
- Ritchey Pro, BioMax, short drop. $45
- Ritchey Comp, says 270g, very similar to the BioMax. $40
- Specialized ?? (Comp or Pro), much like above bars. $40
Four bike seats (i say seats, not saddles. They're not saddle stays or saddle posts...) All have Ti rails, black.
- Specialized Toupe 143, 1st generation, very well used. $SOLD
- Specialized Phenom 143, 1st generation, very well used. $SOLD
[PIC TO COME]
- Specialized Phenom 143, 2011 model, hardly used tho slightly scuffed from a spill. $75
[PIC TO COME]
- Specialized Tritip GelSL 40, 2010, lightly used. $90
These are great for cyclocross or commuter bikes. All come with necessary hardware (ie, hanger for the Paul's), tho the Neo-Retro's don't have brake pads, but will dig something up if desperate. Note: will sell Paul's set for $100 - light and strong brakes.
- Paul's Neo-Retro, low-profile, black (more: http://www.paulcomp.com/neoretro.html). $SOLD!
- Paul's Touring Canti, black (more: http://www.paulcomp.com/touringcanti.html). $SOLD!
- Tektro Sinz mini-V brakes, solid power. $SOLD!
Two sets of cranks, note the 105's are 165mm length - give it a try, your spin will improve!
- Campy Chorus Ultratorque Compact (50/34), 170mm, w/BB Cups (not shown). Rings are relatively fresh, used a different set for cyclocross. Have extra chainring bolts (like $40 value). Bearings are looking pretty worn, re-greased but may need replacing. Very light crank, only selling because i prefer the 165mm length. $400
- Shimano 105 Compact (50/34), 165mm, well-used BB cups if wanted. Hardly used, maybe 5-6 rides total. A bit scuffed tho. $100
Thomson Masterpiece, 27.2, short 240 length. Freaking light. $80
Frames / Bikes
NOTE: More pics here.
Salsa El Go Go full scandium 54cm frame with carbon fork in green (unique!!), i'm basically giving away the frame, which has been well-used although in good condition with minimal markings and scuffs. Just looking for $$ for the parts, which include:
- Profile T2+ extensions (used)
- T2 Wing basebar (used)
- SRAM shifters
- Vision aero brake levers
- Specialized stem
- Campy Veloce dual-pivot brakes
- Shimano Ultegra front derailleur
Asking $450 for the full package. If interested in MOST of the parts, can sell off independently. A deal if you get cranks and/or seatpost as well for more of a complete package.
Salsa ChiliConCrosso, 54cm, scandium w/orange Salsa carbon fork w/alloy steerer. Some of the nicest decals i've ever seen on a bike, total eye candy especially with the fork. Well-ridden (3 seasons), still in good condition, should be good for a few more seasons! Comfy ride, will miss it, upgraded to the Ridley X-Night. $SOLD!
Argon18 Radon, 54cm, alloy front triangle, carbon stays and fork, reasonably lightweight! Very well used, warning - was crashed. It was checked it out, only issue is a small dent in the top tube (barely noticed!) I would be still riding (happily!) but got a replacement. Still really like this frame, and funnily enough one of Victoria's fastest TT riders has this as his TT frame as well (Emile!) $150
2010 Niner RIP9, Medium, Orange, 4.5" front & back. ~29lbs. Breaks my heart to sell this, but i'm not riding offroad nearly as much. Will be replacing with a hardtail. Note the frame is practically new, replaced in Feb 2010, will carry 5yr warranty at OBB, and not ridden a ton since replaced.
As far as the bike goes, it's the best riding bike out there, period. If you want to hit the trails and simply have fun, this is it. It's not terribly fast uphill, but climbs really well, really nice handling and characteristics. Downhill is another story, and this things likes to go fast, and will add confidence, as well as pure pleasure. $3000
Niner RIP9 website.
- Manitou Minute29 fork, 20mm bolt-on axel
- SRAM X9 shifters
- Avid Juicy 7 brakes, 160mm rotors, new pads
- Easton EA70 bar and new Pro grips
- Specialized side-entry bottle cage (allows for big bottles!)
- XT 170mm triple cranks, all rings recently replaced
- XT pedals
- newish XT Chain & SRAM cassette, 11-34
- Fr Der is XT, Rear Der is X0
- Raceface Evolve seatpost (no saddle, tho check out above, might toss in if offer good)
- wheels are Stan's ZTR Flow 29er rims with WTB Laser hubs, quite light
- WTB Prowler 2.1 front tire, Specialized FastTrak rear, tubeless ready. (Pictured is a different tire in the front, sorry, keeping the Weirwolf!)
Sad to part with this bike, but c'est la vie..i'm pretty spoiled with my other bikes! Organic stickers are optional. ;)
Extra - PowerTap SL MTB Disc
Another part i don't really want to part with, but i'm open to offers. PowerTap Wireless SL+ built up to a ZTR 355 29er, surprisingly light! Newish XT cassette. Includes the mounting harness and LYC (Little Yellow Computer) and Maxxis CrossMark, tubeless. $1500
Again, contact me here if interested or have any questions!